This programme takes duration of 2 years and provides a strong background in early childhood education and liberal arts. The curriculum integrates coursework with hands-on exposure to an innovative and progressive curriculum for young children and direct experience in a variety of early childhood settings. With a dedicated Early Childhood Education Lab classroom and transfer pathway to this programme, IMLS is the place to start or advance your career in early childhood education and care!
For students wishing to pursue the course, they will have to do school practice at every end of the year of study from schools selected by the Department.
Note: There is an enrolment limit for this course.
- Strictly those who have finished Ordinary level and have passed English and Mathematics.
- Ability to sing or play any western music instrument (we recommend the Guitar and prior lessons can be organised through special arrangements at IMLS)
- Short courses are also offered i.e. one year for those who are already in the field and would need to work on their teaching skills.
This program is well-suited for students who:
- Have strong observational and analytical skills.
- Enjoy working as a member of a team.
- Have strong language (oral and written) skills.
- Have strong music and theatrical skills.
- Are self-reliant and enjoy challenges.
- Are interested in child development and teaching children through Music, Dance and Drama.
- Are comfortable using computers and other forms of technology.
- Enjoy working with children and their families.
- Have effective interpersonal skills.