The Program takes duration of 2 years and consists of lectures, tutorials, demonstrations, multimedia projects (graphics design, interactive web design, 2D/3D modelling, animation and imaging, video editing and composition, multimedia authoring and compression).
The Programme is designed to introduce students to multimedia systems, tools and technologies and their application in creating multimedia products.
Benefits of the Program
The students at IMLS will acquire special skills, and work in multimedia production industry (advertising, entertainment, print news media, publishing industry, web industry, fashion and interior design, e-learning, cartoon production) as multimedia experts and animators (multimedia designer, animation artist, 3D graphics designer, multimedia programmer).
The acquired special skills will include:
– Create textures, visual effects and digital models
– Perform video editing, animation, and 3D modelling
– Operate multimedia equipment
– Design and implement Multimedia Products (presentations, games etc.).
– Create jobs in Multimedia sector
(Set up, manages, and maintains small Multimedia workshops for design solutions)
For students taking this course, industrial training is mandatory with the help of the tutor. This has to be done in every year of study.
At IMLS, there is a possibility to acquire a Certificate or a Diploma in Photography and Videography. However there is an enrolment limit for each level.
The entry requirement for students who would wish to enrol for this course shall be holders of Uganda Certificate of Education or Uganda Junior Technical Certificate or Community Polytechnic Certificate of Education or a degree or diploma in any a specialised field.
For direct entry scheme, candidates must possess at least a principal pass in either Physics or Mathematics obtained at the same sitting. Or In-service ICT professionals or bachelor’s degree in physical sciences.
The targeted group includes holders of:
– Holders of UACE [A Level] in Science subjects [especially Mathematics/Physics] or its equivalent.
– In-service ICT Professionals with relevant Certificate qualifications from recognised institutions.